The team at Linkslade are dedicated to race horses and to the sport of flat racing. The general health of all horses that are trained here is closely monitored, but most important of all they benefit from the personal training skills and experience of William Muir and his team of dedicated staff. Like all top racing yards, the facilities on offer are essential to success, here at Linkslade our facilities are second to none. The well being of each horse is our top priority.
No. of Boxes - Linkslade Stables consists of 70 individual boxes each with their own fresh water supply system.
Equine Spa - We are one of the very few racing yards in Lambourn to have our own horse ECB Equine Spa. Your horse can reap the benefits from this state of the art facility.
Horse Walker - Our mechanical horse walker can accommodate up to 5 horses at any one time.
Indoor Arena - Our indoor arena has a Polytrack surface and is used for breaking in yearlings, exercising during bad weather and general light exercise for our horses as and when required.
Fibre sand walkways - Thinking of the safety of our horses at all times, our horses have the luxury of fibre sand walkways from the yard right up to the start of the Mandown gallops.
Grass & All Weather Gallops - Situated just 10 minutes walk from the yard are the Jockey Club Estate’s very own Mandown Gallops. Comprising of some of the best gallops in the country with miles of all weather and grass surfaces for your horse to use.
Notable successful horses include:
- Averti wins the King George Stakes at Goodwood in 1997 and is also placed in Group 1 races
- Zargus wins the Balmoral Handicap at Royal Ascot in 2002
- Material Witness wins the Bunbury Cup at Newmarket in 2004
- Texas Gold has won 15 times and earned over £200k in prize money
- Enforcer winner of the Darley Stakes (G3) in 2005, placed in Group 1 races and earned over £300k in prize money
- Saphira's Fire winner of the Pretty Polly Stakes at Newmarket in 2008
- Enroller winner of the Dubai Tennis Championships Stakes (Registered As The John Porter Stakes) (Group 3) at Newbury in 2009
- Stepper Point winner of the Criterium De Vitesse at Longchamp in 2011
- Purr Along winner of the Prix Du Calvados - Haras Des Capucines (Group 3) at Deauvile in 2012.